China, already the world's second largest economy, is predicted to become the world's leading economy within 5 to 10 years. As the world's fastest-growing economy, China offers Israeli enterprises an array of opportunities for business development and strategic investments. Moreover, the Chinese government promotes joint venture activities through incentives for high-tech companies and R&D grants, creating further potential for Israeli hi-tech and bio-tech companies willing to capitalize on such opportunity. Nevertheless, while China offers great opportunities it also poses substantial risks. In order to succeed, businesses entering or operating in the Chinese market require specialized advice and premium legal services to navigate through China’s unique cultural and business environment.
To better serve our clients, Zellermayer, Pelossof, Rosovsky, Tsafrir, Toledano & Co. (“ZP”) has established a strategic alliance with the Shanghai branch of the reputable international law firm Bonnard Lawson. Bonnard Lawson is highly experienced and knowledgeable in the business cultures of both China and the west and upholds a close cooperation with law firms around the world. Together, our Israeli-Chinese team offers a rich foundation with which to handle all legal aspects entailed in setting up and managing foreign investment enterprises in China.
ZP’s China-Israel desk is a one-stop service where clients can benefit from the following unique advantages:
- Strong local presence in China through close collaboration with the outstanding attorneys of Bonnard Lawson who are fluent in Hebrew, Mandarin, Dutch and English, supported by the rich and long-standing international transactional experience of ZP
- Local experience – our partners in China have over 10 years of experience working in Mainland China and Taiwan, and a proven track record in helping numerous corporations through various phases of business operations in China
- A deep understanding of the unique Chinese culture, sophisticated market, and inner workings of the legal environment, judicial processes and local bureaucracy
- Local enduring connections with Chinese government authorities, Israeli Embassy in Beijing, Israeli consulate in Shanghai, local economic attaches, the Israel Export & International Cooperation Institute, PTL Group, APCO Worldwide and the Israeli Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. Our close relationships with such well established bodies assist our clients to surpass procedural obstacles and regulatory barriers, develop their businesses in China and locate the appropriate local partners, thereby preventing possible pitfalls and expediting governmental processes
- A dedicated team of skilled lawyers in both Israel and China from diverse areas and backgrounds who are experienced in providing a wide array of global comprehensive legal services to both western and Chinese clients
We offer a complete range of legal services for your China-Israel business endeavors, specializing in the following areas of interest:
- M&A and cross border transactions
- Structuring of investment vehicles and forming local and off-shore entities (WFCE, EJV, CJV and so forth)
- International commercial law and corporate finance
- Infrastructure solutions, including for BOT projects, establishment of factories and production facilities in various provinces in China
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Representation of technology driven entities and ‘start-ups’ in the areas of IT, telecom, health care, biotechnology, consumer products, internet and the like in their China operations
- Business development and assistance in commercializing Israeli technology in China
- Distribution, franchise and retail solutions
- Cross-border tax counseling for China-Israel operations
Our strong international experience and collaborative efforts allow companies in Israel and abroad to enjoy a sturdy platform from which they can effectively and efficiently enter into and operate in the Chinese market.